Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Early Worm Gets Eaten


We have all heard the saying "The early bird gets the worm." Well that is great for the bird but what if you are the worm? It is okay to sleep in late sometimes. It is okay, at times, to put things off for a while. It is okay to take time for yourself. Now I'm sounding like Dr. Phil. Somebody shoot me now :). Sorry I digress. In our pedal-to-the-metal society sometimes you just need to lock the parking break, lean the seat back, take a nap and let those 10 lanes of traffic pass you by.


I wrote a post several days ago I called The Second Mouse Gets the Cheese discussing briefly the issue I have with our society's "finish first, second place is the first loser" mentality. We destroy our lives and commit, what I call, "happiness suicide." What I mean by that is we kill off our own happiness on the altar of success and get-ahead. Find your place of contentment, not complacency mind you, I said contentment. You can strive for better things and set lofty goals, which you should, without living your life in a state of discontentment and disappointment. Remember contentment not complacency. Take some time today to reflect on the difference on the difference and tranquilo.

Yours Truly,

Cman

Because You Need To Know What I Think

No comments: